At First United Methodist Church of Belmont we believe in the power of relationships. We are looking to hire our next Director of Youth Ministries who will help us continue to form youth disciples, working with the pastor, staff and laity of the congregation to nurture and sustain their relationships with God, with one another and with significant adult mentors and leaders in our congregation.
We desire a youth ministry leader who will help us continue live out our core values: joy, generosity, relationships, care and compassion, and, especially, active curious faith. We are a church that welcomes all people and invites everyone to keep stepping forward on the journey of faith. We welcome questions and believe they help us to grow in our relationship with Christ and find a bigger God than we knew before. We believe youth have the best chance to develop lifelong faith through ministries that help them build strong, intergenerational relationships with others in our congregation. Thus, we hope for youth to be involved in all aspects of congregational life, serving and leading among us.
Committed to our United Methodist faith tradition, we are a 600 member church striving to live out our mission to “be more like Jesus Christ for our community and beyond.” Located in a growing town just outside Charlotte, NC we are thriving as we offer the good news and serve our community.
Job Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline and/or experience leading and serving in a United Methodist congregation. The ideal candidate should also have:
- A lively and joyful commitment to the Christian faith. The ability to model faithfully the core values of our congregation: joy, generosity, care and compassion, a focus on relationships and active, curious faith.
- A passionate desire to relate to youth and young people and help them form meaningful, lasting faith.
- Ability to work flexible hours to be in ministry with youth and their families.
- Experience in leadership, training, recruiting and working with volunteers.
- Strong organizational skills including managing of budgets, trips and events.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to develop creative and engaging programming for our youth, including weekly programing, mission projects, retreats and special events.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Proficiency in use of technology, including social media and email.
Submit resume with cover letter and professional references to the Rev. George Ragsdale at George@fumcbelmont.org. Salary is competitive ($50,000-60,000) and commensurate with qualifications and experience.