Children’s Sunday School
Sundays from 10:00-10:45am, weekly
- Infants – Regular weekly attendants offer consistent love and care to the youngest among us during the Sunday School hour.
- Toddlers (18 months- 2 years old) – This class uses Frolic Preschool curriculum and Sacred Circle curriculum by LeAnn Hadley – biblically grounded to help children meet God each week.
- Preschool (3-4 years old)– This class uses the Sacred Circle curriculum by LeAnn Hadley – biblically grounded to help children meet God each week.
- Godly Play (Kindergarten through Second Grade)– These classes use Godly Play, an interactive approach to Christian Education. Godly Play creates a community around children that honors their faith journey and their individual timing of finding their place in God’s Story. During the summer months, this class is also using Building Faith Brick by Brick, an interactive curriculum where children use Legos to participate in the Bible stories.
- Older Elementary (Third through Fifth Grade)– This class works from the Bible, discussing the stories of God’s people, incorporating the church calendar, biblical games and movies to illustrate and enhance the lesson.
SUNDAY SCHOOL MURAL
Children (and adults, too) love our beautiful mural that illustrates the Bible from Genesis to Revelation. Spread across three large walls in our Sunday School area, one wall represents God as Creator, one wall shows Jesus the Christ, and one wall depicts the spread of the Christian Church through the work of the Holy Spirit.
- Advent Workshop– Our children's council hosts an intentional opportunity for our entire congregation to come together for intentional crafts and fellowship that will prepare us to observe the Advent season each week. Join us November 24th at 3:30 in Carpenter Hall as we make Advent wreaths, nativity characters and more. Once your completed the various stations available, you will leave with resources to encourage conversation around the coming birth of Christ and the true meaning of Christmas.
- Christmas Eve Nativity – Each Christmas Eve, we invite children to help us build our nativity during the 4 p.m. worship service. Simply show up and let one of our volunteers in the narthex know your child would like to participate and your child will receive a costume accessory to wear as they follow our worship leaders to the nativity.