First United Methodist Church in Belmont, NC has a staff opening for a Minister/Director of Discipleship Ministries. This staff person works in partnership with the pastor, other staff and laity of the congregation to oversee Christian formation and disciple-making for adults, including Sunday School, small group formation, and fellowship/nurture ministries. First UMC is a 600 member church striving to live out our mission to “be more like Jesus Christ for our community and beyond.” Located in a rapidly growing town near Charlotte, NC, we are thriving as we offer the good news and serve our community.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal candidate will have a degree in a relevant discipline and experience leading and serving in a United Methodist congregation. The ideal candidate should also have:
- A lively and joyful commitment to the Christian faith. The ability to model faithfully the core values of our congregation: joy, generosity, care and compassion, a focus on relationships and active, curious faith.
- The ability to relate compassionately with all persons whom the Church serves.
- Ability to equip and empower laity for leadership in order to grow our ministry offerings.
- An innovative, entrepreneurial spirit, rooted in Church tradition and scripture.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Maturity, with knowledge and practical experience of maintaining healthy boundaries.
Submit resume with cover letter and professional references to Rev. George Ragsdale at email@example.com This is a part-time, salaried position. Salary is competitive and is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Deacons are welcomed and encouraged to apply.