First United Methodist Church in Belmont, NC has a staff opening for a Director of Youth Ministries. This staff person works in partnership with the pastor, other staff and laity of the congregation to oversee our youth ministry, including faith formation, relationship building and missional engagement in our community. First UMC is a 600 member church striving to live out our mission to “be more like Jesus Christ for our community and beyond.” Located in a growing small town near Charlotte, NC we are thriving as we offer the good news and serve our community.
Job Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline and/or experience leading and serving in a United Methodist congregation. The ideal candidate should also have:
- A lively and joyful commitment to the Christian faith. The ability to model faithfully the core values of our congregation: joy, generosity, care and compassion, a focus on relationships and active, curious faith.
- A passionate desire to relate to youth and young people and help them form meaningful, lasting faith.
- Ability to work flexible hours to be in ministry with youth and their families.
- Experience in leadership, training, recruiting and working with volunteers.
- Strong organizational skills including managing of budgets, trips and events.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to develop creative and engaging programming for our youth, including weekly programing, mission projects, retreats and special events.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Proficiency in use of technology, including social media and email.
Submit resume with cover letter and professional references to Rev. George Ragsdale at George@fumcbelmont.org. The church is open to Full Time or Part Time position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.