Children’s Sunday School
Sundays from 9:45-10:45am, weekly
- Infants (birth to aprox. 2 ½ yrs) – Regular weekly attendants offer consistent love and care to the youngest among us during the Sunday School hour.
- Toddlers (2 ½ - 4 yrs) & Pre-K (4-5 yrs) – These separate classes use United Methodist curriculum Grow, Proclaim, Serve – biblically grounded to help children meet God each week.
- K/1st & 2nd/3rd Grades – These classes use Godly Play, an interactive approach to Christian Education. Godly Play creates a community around children that honors their faith journey and their individual timing of finding their place in God’s Story.
- 4th/5th Grades – This class works from the Bible, discussing the stories of God’s people, incorporating the church calendar, biblical games and movies to illustrate and enhance the lesson.
SUNDAY SCHOOL MURAL
Children (and adults, too) love our beautiful mural that illustrates the Bible from Genesis to Revelation. Spread across three large walls in our Sunday School area, one wall represents God as Creator, one wall shows Jesus the Christ, and one wall depicts the spread of the Christian Church through the work of the Holy Spirit.
- Sonflower Wall – At the beginning of each school year, children’s heights are marked on their personal sonflower stalk, recording their childhood growth. Flowers are painted as they enter 5th grade.
- Advent Tree – During the season of Advent (the four weeks leading up to Christmas), children bring kid-sized caps, scarves, gloves, mittens and socks to decorate a tree placed in their Sunday School hall. These items are taken to Belmont’s SOCKS crisis assistance ministry for their Christmas giving.
- Jesse Tree – During the season of Advent, Sunday School classes place fabric ornaments on a fabric tree to tell the story of God’s people from creation to the birth of Jesus.
- Pentecost Party – On the day of Pentecost (50 days after Easter), the Sunday School hallway is decked out in red to celebrate the fire of the Holy Spirit and the birthday of the church.