Children’s Sunday School
Sundays from 9:45-10:45am, weekly
- Infants and Toddlers – Regular weekly attendants offer consistent love and care to the youngest among us during the Sunday School hour.
- Two and Three-Year-Olds/Four and Five-Year-Olds– These separate classes use United Methodist curriculum Deep Blue – biblically grounded to help children meet God each week.
- Godly Play (Kindergarten through Second Grade)– These classes use Godly Play, an interactive approach to Christian Education. Godly Play creates a community around children that honors their faith journey and their individual timing of finding their place in God’s Story.
- Older Elementary (Third through Fifth Grade)– This class works from the Bible, discussing the stories of God’s people, incorporating the church calendar, biblical games and movies to illustrate and enhance the lesson.
SUNDAY SCHOOL MURAL
Children (and adults, too) love our beautiful mural that illustrates the Bible from Genesis to Revelation. Spread across three large walls in our Sunday School area, one wall represents God as Creator, one wall shows Jesus the Christ, and one wall depicts the spread of the Christian Church through the work of the Holy Spirit.
- Sonflower Wall – At the beginning of each school year, children’s heights are marked on their personal sonflower stalk, recording their childhood growth. Flowers are painted as they enter 5th grade.
- Advent Tree – During the season of Advent (the four weeks leading up to Christmas), children bring kid-sized caps, scarves, gloves, mittens and socks to decorate a tree placed in their Sunday School hall. These items are taken to Belmont’s SOCKS crisis assistance ministry for their Christmas giving.
- Jesse Tree – During the season of Advent, Sunday School classes place fabric ornaments on a fabric tree to tell the story of God’s people from creation to the birth of Jesus.